Oil Sands companies have the unique opportunity of operating around and within a wide array of communities. It is our intent that citizens feel that their community is improved by industry being present.
Oil sands companies are active in communities by providing training and employment, local engagement opportunities on project plans, tax contributions, and funding and volunteer support to local charities and community-based organizations. Learn more about our members community investment programs:
- Canadian Natural Resources Limited
- CNOOC International
The Oil Sands Community Alliance (OSCA) is designed to pursue innovative solutions to help build thriving communities. In 2013 alone we spent $11.7 million to facilitate consultation opportunities with local communities, including First Nations and Metis groups.
OSCA works closely with:
- Fort McMurray Chamber of Commerce
- Lac La Biche & District Chamber of Commerce
- Wood Buffalo Economic Development Corporation
OSCA serves on the following community-based committees:
- Canadian Index of Well-being Committee (Wood Buffalo)
- Culture Master Plan Advisory Committee (RMWB)
- Homelessness Initiatives Strategic Committee (RMWB)
- Social Sustainability Plan Stewardship Committee (RMWB)
- Community Indicators 2019 Report
- Wood Buffalo Canadian Index of Well-being 2019 Report