Fort McMurray – Since March, 2020 oil sands companies have taken aggressive measures to reduce the risk of COVID-19 exposure and have been following Alberta Health Services (AHS)-mandated guidance. Companies have implemented and sustained the following measures:
- Implemented screening questionnaires and procedures.
- Stringent self-isolation protocols.
- Implemented physical distancing in the workplace, on buses and flights.
- Enhanced sanitation, workplace hygiene and cleaning.
- Implemented a face mask protocol and require employees to wear masks on flights and buses as well as on site.
These protocols outline the many efforts industry is continuously making to keep workers safe and minimize exposure risk to the virus, while ensuring the safe, reliable and continued operation of sites.
The oil sands industry has been an essential service during this pandemic, essential to heat their homes, fuel necessary transportation, and provide power to our homes and industries. The industry will continue to play a pivotal role as we turn our attention to recovery and the path forward for Alberta and Canada.
As the province moves forward with its relaunch strategy, and schools are opening up, oil sands companies continue to implement strict measures and continue to work with AHS to enhance their respective pandemic plans and procedures to ensure the safety and health of our workforce and our communities.
Should you have company-specific questions, please contact the company directly
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org